You might have noticed that as soon you click on a link in any of your emails or do things that make the browser launch, the Windows 10 itself will start the default browser. Generally, that default browser is Microsoft Edge.
It can be possible that the Microsoft Edge is not the browser that you would like to go for or there can be even a situation where you have some other default browser and want to change it. Fortunately, doing it is very easy, but the method is different for different types of programs.
Steps to change the default browser in Windows
Note: Got Windows 10? If yes, you can follow these steps and change the default browser.
For Windows 10 users
Follow the given below instructions carefully.
- Firstly, go to the Search bar and write ‘default applications.’
- Then, move downwards below the web browser title.
- After that, press the browser which is in default.
- Observe that you’ll be able to have a look at the names of all browsers that is present on your computer.
- Next, choose the browser that you will wish to have.
- Lastly, close the Windows.
If the method mentioned above doesn’t work then, try out the given below steps. It is entirely based on the kind of the browser you are working on.
For making Google Chrome as the default Windows browser, follow the given below instructions properly.
- Firstly, go to the Google Chrome browser.
- Press on the chrome menu option.
- Look that the drop-down menu gets displayed before you.
- Click on Settings.
- Next, search for the Default browser option.
- Tap on the option that states Make Google Chrome the default browser.
- Lastly, select Google Chrome as your default browser.
For setting Mozilla Firefox as the default Windows browser, go through the given below instructions nicely.
- Firstly, go to the Firefox browser.
- Choose the Firefox menu.
- Click on the Options.
- If required then, click on the General option.
- Lastly, click on the Make Default option.
Internet Explorer 11
For setting Internet Explorer as your default Windows browser, follow the given below instruction carefully.
- Firstly, go to the menu.
- Then, click on the Internet options from its drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the Programas options.
- Tap on Opening Internet Explorer.
- Click on the ‘Make Internet Explorer the default browser’ option.
- Lastly, tap on Internet Explorer.
David Maxwell is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, David has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.