I am sure that spring cleaning is not among the tasks that you would have made s note of, but it should be among one of them. Cyber safety should always be given importance. You should present your Facebook account in such a way that the your profile visitors become impressed. So, this spring, clean your Facebook profile and make it impressive.
Prefer updating Facebook About Section
- Firstly, go to the About section of your Facebook account.
- Note that your mail ID and contact number is shown publicly. Prefer deleting it or show it to only to yourself or the friends of yours.
- Remember that you can add, change or take out any data from the About part.
Prefer changing the profile picture or cover photo
- Firstly, search for photo or else capture one and upload it.
- Then, note that you can upload the picture by pressing on the option of update profile picture.
Check the content of your posts
You should think thrice before posting anything on Facebook. And you even need to make a note of stuff that you keep posting. It is so because you must avoid posting similar stuff on a regular basis as it becomes boring. Posting related to the current ongoings shall make you more popular among your friends. This shall get you more comments, likes, and shares on your posts. Remember that you should not post anything related to your personal stuff such as your complete date of birth, relationship status, present location, upcoming plans, and the your child’s photos.
Go through your privacy settings
Luckily, you can select the people who can look up your information on Facebook. In simple words, we can say that it allows you to change your privacy setting according to the way you want to have it.
- Firstly, press the arrow that is present towards the above of your Facebook account.
- Then, press on Settings.
- After that, select Privacy.
- Next, ensure the selection in the Activity part.
- Note that this area does have an option that you can use for restricting your old posts to only some of the people.
- If you select Limit Past Posts option, the privacy settings of every old post that was earlier shared with Public or Mutual Friends shall get changed to Friends.
Hope you have been able to spring clean your Facebook account after going through this blog step by step carefully.
David Maxwell is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, David has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.