Everybody who has ever owned a computer is familiar with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Word processing apps, spreadsheet programs, and slideshow apps are the main components of productivity suites. With the help of the apps that come with utility suites, one can create and share documents, presentations, and spreadsheets. Even though several companies manufacture utility suites, Microsoft Office’s position remains undefeatable. People can use paid or free trial versions of MS Office on their computers. Setting up Office is rather easy, one needs to download the setup from office.com/setup, and then install it. People, who have purchased the suite, need to verify it by entering the product key.
Popular Microsoft Office Apps
- Word: Need to create a resume for your job application? Want to edit the paper you wrote for your school? Use Microsoft Word to create and edit documents. Add pictures, use the various formatting options, and share them with others.
- Excel: Want to make spreadsheets? Excel comes with in-built calculation and graphing tools with a number of charts and tables. Whether you wish to merge two sheets with identical information or do basic math, use Excel.
- PowerPoint: Want to dazzle your audience by showcasing a compelling presentation? Just create slideshows, and share them with your team for real-time editing. Add animations, graphics, and other media to make the slideshow better.
- OneNote: Want to take notes during an ongoing lecture? Pen and paper are so old school! Start jotting down notes on your computer or phone in the OneNote app. Share the notes with your peers and synchronize them across various devices.
- Outlook: Send and receive emails, create reminders, and update your schedule using Outlook. This personal task manager allows you to be more productive and efficient. It is extremely safe to use and comes with Microsoft Office setup.
How to uninstall Microsoft Office on Windows?
If you have an older Office flavor installed on the system, then you need to remove it. Windows PC users can do it from the Start menu. Here’s how:
- Firstly, go to the Start menu.
- Now, click on All Apps.
- Locate the Microsoft Office version you wish to uninstall.
- Right-click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option from the context menu that shows up.
- Now, you will see a message stating that all the related data shall be uninstalled.
- In order to complete the process, click on the Uninstall button.
- You may also head over to the Control Panel, visit Programs and Features, and select the app from there. Click on Uninstall and confirm the action.
How to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac
Mac owners can remove older Office versions by either putting the apps in the Trash or deleting them from the Launchpad. Here’s how:
- Hit the F4 button.
- Now, wait for the Launchpad to open.
- Select the Office version option.
- Now, hit the Opt key.
- Press the Delete button in order to confirm that you wish to uninstall the program.
How to download and install Microsoft Office?
After purchasing the Office setup, one can download and install it. Here’s how:
- Firstly, you need to head over to the website www.office.com/setup.
- Now, log on to your Microsoft Office account or create a new one.
- Click on the Office version you want to install.
- Press the Install button.
- Hit the same button on the next screen.
- Wait for the download to get over.
- Double-click on the setup file.
- Now, go through the terms and conditions.
- Place a checkmark next to I accept the terms of this agreement option.
- Press the Continue button.
- Now, you will be able to select the kind of installation you want.
- Choose either Install Now or Customize.
- If you choose the former, all the Office apps and services will get installed.
- If you select the latter option, you will be able to choose the apps you wish to install.
- Now, select the File Location in the next tab.
- Hit the Browse button to select the folder and drive for installation.
- Head over to the User information tab.
- Enter all the details required.
- Press the Install Now button.
- Now, wait for the installation to get over.
- Click on Close.
How to activate Microsoft Office?
Microsoft Office needs to be activated by entering the product key that comes with the purchase. Here’s how you can do so:
- Open any Microsoft Office application on your computer.
- You will now have to sign in or create an account.
- Now, in the Office Activation Wizard screen, select the mode of activation.
- Click on the Next button.
- Paste the previously copied 25 characters alphanumeric product key.
- Click on the Activate button.